Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Doll tag question!!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 3castles's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2006
    Posts
    372
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Do all AG dolls have torso tags??? I was looking on ebay and there is a Samantha(?) doll that's head looks AG to me but, the seller states no tag on torso. She is wearing the Samantha meet dress and it looks kind of long on her to me so....I'm wondering if any of you experts could tell me if there should be a torso tag ALWAYS!!!!

    My guess is yes! We already have a Sam but, I am in the market to buy one with brown eyes cheaply(impossible I know) so that I could try re-wigging it to match my sister.
    She lives in NH and I'm in NC and I would like to think I could 'see' her more often if I had a sissy doll!!! LOL

    Thanks Ya'll!!!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member calyndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, there is not always a torso tag. I believe they all have them since Mattel took over, but PM dolls were always hit and miss about it. I have several girls without them that came to me from the company.

    Hope that helps!

    ~Abby

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MaryCarly's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 20th, 2004
    Posts
    1,010
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    None of our PM dolls have tags.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 3castles's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2006
    Posts
    372
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Thanks!!! I tried to look in the sticky about it but, I couldn't find it. Maybe if bidding doesn't go completely crazy this time.......

    I just can't seem to justify paying most of the ebay prices!Once in a while I miss a deal so I know there are some!!! LOL

    Thanks Again!!!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member LindaL's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13th, 2003
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    To the best of my knowledge, it is extremely rare for a PM doll to have a body tag.

    Most PM dolls do not have a tag--in fact, it is a pretty good "stand alone" indication that the doll is PM.

    Linda

  6. #6
    Inactive Member stebbarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2005
    Posts
    261
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I ditto Linda's explanation. We have several Pre-Matel dolls and none have a tag except for my Felicity with the West Germany tag. I generally assume that when I see a tagless doll on ebay that they are Pre-Matel. Good luck! - Meg

  7. #7
    Inactive Member AGcrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2006
    Posts
    338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I feel like I'm learning something here already! I didn't realize that about the tags. No wonder my dd's Molly doesn't have a tag. When I said something to her after reading this she said "well Mom we did get her when I was 8 in 1998 and you said Mattel took over in 1999" Ok, 15 yo's gotta love 'em!

    I think I'll go check my ebay girls right now! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have two brown eyed brown haired AG on BIN on ebay and I can assure that they are both authentic AG. My seller name is DS9jullian if you want to have a look.

    Ashley

  9. #9
    Inactive Member AGcrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2006
    Posts
    338
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ashley, that's great. I have a friend needing a doll so I'll tell her. Thanks!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •